TITLE: Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating
AUTHOR: Christina Lauren
READ DATE: April 21, 2019 to April 27, 2019
RATING: ★★★★★ // 5
For someone who was always skeptical of romance novels this one hits out of the park!
Minor spoilers ahead!!
Things I loved:
- Hazel. I loved the fact that I could relate with her on so many levels. From her apartment flooding (which lol has almost happened to be far too many times) to the way she carried herself and refused to let people walk all over her.
- Josh. He’s perfect. That’s all you need to know, but really Josh is the one person who can balance Hazel so perfectly. Ugh…I just really like Josh okay. The way he adapts to her just melts my heart so much.
- Enemies to lovers. This is the first Christina Lauren book I’ve picked and let me tell you, they are FANTASTIC at this trope. It never feels forced or too much. It’s the perfect blend of everything you could want from a enemies to lovers and so much more.
- Hazel’s dog. Listen I’m drawing a blank right now on the dog’s name, but just know this dog is a character within itself and deserves all the freaking praise it could get it!
- The smut. Okay, wait…I know what you’re thinking. Just hear me out. It was awkward (okay it was awkward cause it’s Hazel…hello.), but not in the sense where you’re cringing when you read it. It was the perfect balance of being just enough, but not over the top to where you wanted to put it down or skip forward. Much more focused on the emotions than anything else
Things I disliked:
- Hazel’s Ex. I can’t remember his name at all, but to be honest, it’s really not that important. Like he was just a total brat that you want to punch in the face for even coming back around.
- The pregnancy. I don’t know, I loved it and then I didn’t. I should’ve seen it coming, but I didn’t. Then I lowkey didn’t like how they ended the book and without the epilogue I would’ve been so pissed about it.
This book sold me on the romance genre. Honestly, if you’re on the fence about the genre, I highly recommend picking this on up!